Resume: Connie Spear, Senior IT Project Manager
Connie Spear, PMP, CSM, MCSE
376 Red Rose Ln | Sanford, FL 32771
Mobile: (505) 306-8549 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Senior IT Project Manager - summary;
EXPERTISE: SDLC IMPLEMENTATION | DATA WAREHOUSE & BUSINESS ANALYTICS | TECHNICAL INFRASTRUCTURE | SYSTEMS ARCHITECTURE & ENGINEERING | PROGRAM MANAGEMENT
- Experienced Senior-level IT Project/Program Manager offering over 20 years of success leading all phases of diverse technology projects; PMP and Microsoft Certified. Scrum Master experienced. Bachelor Degree in Accounting/Finance and Computer Sciences.
- Business strategist; Plan and manage multi-million dollar projects aligning business goals with technology solutions to drive process improvements, competitive advantage and bottom-line gains.
- Excellent communicator; leverage technical, business and financial acumen to communicate effectively with client executives and their respective teams.
- Expert in PMI and SDLC project management methodologies. Able to manage large project teams; known for high-quality deliverables that meet or exceed schedule and budgetary targets.
- Top skill: I am known for creative technical solutions for complex problems. I am un-relentless when it comes to problem-solving; driving teams through successful risk mitigation and issue resolution
- Data Warehouse (ETL/Teradata) implementations
- Business Analytics systems integration
- Dashboard and Report development and implementation (Business Objects, Tableau)
- e-commerce implementations
- iSeries implementations
- Core Business processes/systems implementations (Financial, Accounting, AP, AR, Inventory, Cash Management, Collections, Orders, Sales, Pricing, etc.)
- Infrastructure and application hosting implementations
- Document Management system implementations
- Project intake management (Business Case, Solution Proposal, Vision & Scope, Customer Requirements)
- Scrum Framework (Certified Scrum Master)
- Project Management; Expertise in waterfall, agile and hybrid implementation approach.
- Business value: ROI, NPV, IRR
- Functional & Technical Requirements development & analysis
- Project Estimation, Budgeting, Forecasting
- Project Scheduling, Earned Value Management
- Testing & Validation, Training, Go-Live
- Transition to Operations, Warranty Management, Formal project closure
- Program Management
- Portfolio Management
- Strategic Roadmap Management
- Intake to Execution Management
- Resource Management/Capacity Planning
- Dashboard & Metrics Management
- Cross-Functional Supervision
- Team Building & Mentoring
- Client Relations & Presentations
- Business & IT Planning
- Vendor Management
Application/Infrastructure/Network expertise (Top areas);
- Solid understanding regarding architecture topologies including network, server configurations for virtual or physical instances, software operating systems, middleware, core business applications.
- Expert level in MS Office suite, MS Access, MS Project, MS Visio
- Experienced developer in Business Objects and Tableau applications
- Experienced developer in Clarity enterprise project management system
- Experienced JIRA user
Career Progression by Company/Employed Dates/Job Title
- CuraScriptSD (Lake Mary, FL), 6/2014-Present, Senior IT Project Manager/Scrum Master, Program Lead
- BCBS of New Mexico (Albuquerque, NM), 1/2013 – 6/2014, Senior IT Project Manager:
- Lovelace Health Plan (Albuquerque, NM), 7/2009 – 1/2013, Advanced Project Manager
- Hewlett Packard (HP) (Various Michigan Locations): 12/1989 – 7/2009, Senior Business Analyst/Client Delivery Lead, 2002-2009, Advanced Project Manager, 1999-2002, Senior Financial Manager, 1989-1998
- Pontiac Hospital (Pontiac, MI): 5/1984 – 12/1988
Achievements/Large initiatives/projects (1999 to 2018)
- Managing iSeries & Web project to restructure and re-architect high priority high benefit pricing engine system.
- Web Implementation: Managed large remote order processing (for Specialty drugs) e-commerce project for CuraScriptSD. Enabled orders to be processed by clients from their website and dropped into pending carts for further management and disposition. Deployment for 3rd party integration for acceptance of remote orders into Curascript shopping cart including product rules management for drugs. This solution interfaced with a 3rd party cabinet solution that is deployed to health care facilities for drug management.
- Enterprise Information Warehouse. Managed enterprise data warehouse overhaul implementation project for CuraScriptSD
- Managed Tableau server and desktop enterprise project for both internal & external analytics/visualization
- Managed highly visible business rules engine project to manage intricate purchasing and shipment rules for CuraScriptSD clients
- Mitigated risk factors through careful analysis of financial and statistical data. Anticipated and managed change effectively in rapidly evolving global business environments.
- Defined processes and tools best suited to each project. Moved between agile and waterfall approaches depending on project specifics and client goals, creating detailed project road maps, plans, schedules and work breakdown structures.
- Custom Software Developments: Managed all phases of the software development lifecycle (SDLC) for several medium to large of custom solutions. Managed quality and delivery of SDLC engineering artifacts including Solution Design Architecture, Technical Requirements, Development Specifications, Test Scenarios, Test Cases, Test Results, Unit, Integration, System, Regression, Performance, Stress testing. Defect triage and resolution, Go-No/Go, Release event, Transition to Operations, Warranty management, formal project closure.
- Clarity implementation: Managed clarity implementation for Curascript in Florida. Including training resources and project managers on roles and responsibilities, reporting functions. Resident expert for Clarity post-implementation.
- Program and capability metrics management for delivery area. Including report out of project progress, earned value metrics, resource consumption, system capacity, business analyst survey results.
- Medicaid implementation for BCBS in New Mexico:
Managed New Mexico Medicaid project for contractually required State reporting. Highly visible project delivering 100+ reports on time and within budget. Implementation was deemed best across all of Medicaid Health Plans reported by State with no compliance issues.
- Exchange implementation for Lovelace Health Plan in New Mexico:
- Implemented health care system alignment to support the new Health Care Exchange in which Lovelace Health Plan participated.
- Program/Product Manager Enterprise Implementations: Directed global rollouts of new software and systems for clients including Kimberly-Clark and Cigna.
Results: Ensured defect-free releases through careful planning, testing and QA efforts.
Education & Credentials
Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA). GPA 3.92 / 4.0. Major concentration in Accounting & Finance, Minor concentration in Computer Sciences. Graduated Summa Cum Laude in 03/01/1999.
Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE). Certificate obtained in 12//1999. Microsoft Certified Professional ID: 1472657.
Project Management Professional (PMP). Certificate obtained in 7/28/2000. PMI Certification Number: 26686. Subsequent Certificate obtained in 7/2014; PMI Certification Number: 123456
Certified ScrumMaster. Certificate obtained on 7/19/2018: 000810087
ISO-9001:2000 Internal Auditor. Certification obtained 09/14/2000